Weimar and Nazi Germany
The Weimar Constitution
The impact of the Treaty of Versailles
1919 -1923: years of crisis?
The Munich Putsch
The Origins of the Nazi Party
1924 - 1929: A Golden era?
German Foreign Policy 1919 to 1933
Germany in the Depression
The Rise of the Nazi party
- Why did people vote for Hitler?
From Chancellor to Fuhrer
The failures of Weimar
Creating a totalitarian state
Nazi methods of control
- Organisation of the Nazi Party
- Obedience to the Fuhrer
Opposition to the Nazi's
- Nazi Ideology
The Economy under the Nazi's
- The 2nd 4 Year Plan
- Evaluation of the 4 Year Plan
- How successful was the policy of Autarky?
- German Labour Front
- Dr Robert Ley
Nazi Foreign Policy
- Did Hitler plan to have a Second
Education in Nazi Germany
Women in Nazi Germany
- The Jewish Problem in 1933
- Anti-Jewish Legislation
- Policy 1933 - 1937
- Origins of Anti-Semitism
* The son of a farmer, Dr.Robert Ley was a student who joined WW1 and
became a pilot.
* He was proud of his lowly origins and was hostile to middle and upper-class
* In WW1 he was injured and suffered slight brain damage that caused a
* He worked as a Chemist with IG Farben before being dismissed for drunken
* He joined the Nazi party in 1924 and some rose to become Gaultier of
* Ley saw Hitler as the new 'Messiah' and quickly gained his trust.
* Elected to the Reichstag in 1930, he was a good speaker and rabble-rouser.
* However, his power lay in organisation - he partly responsible for rallies
such as Nuremberg, etc.
* From 1933 he was leader of DAF, The German Labour Front
* For 12 years he built up a huge vast union of workers that were rarely
co-ordinated and where the social radicalism within never really took
* Nicknamed 'Reich Drunkard', his only real success was in lining his
own pockets and for pursuing a lavish lifestyle.
- How far did Germany recover under Stresemann?
- How did the Nazi party develop, upto 1929?
- How did Hitler become Chancellor?
- Howdid Hitler create a dictatorship?
- What were the main features of Totalitarian
- What were the benefits of Nazi rule?
Full Germany revision